Gross Family Collection
Gross, Frank Robert. Letters, autobiography, various archival materials. 1929-.
2 archives boxes.
Contents: Box 1: Original letters of Herta Gross in German. 1929-1930: letters to Frank, her husband, when Herta was still in Germany and Frank already in the US; 1932-1948: Letters she wrote to her parents in Germany when she was living in the U.S.
Translations of the letters in English in ring binders:
– Herta’s Letters to Frank 1929-1930;
– Herta’s letters volume I to XIII;
– Autobiography by Frank 1905 – 1950;
– My Contributions to Gliding by Frank Gross, Akron, Ohio, Jan. 5, 1979 (also in German “Meine Beitraege zur Entwicklung des Segelfluges”)
– Ahnenpass, ancestor passport (In German and English) with explanations
– Life story of Dr. Arthur Hartmann
– Annex C: Anhang zur Geschichte der Tuebinger Familie Camerer von 1503-1903
– Annex C: Life and Thoughts of Johann Wilhelm Camerer 1842-1910
– Annex D: Hartmann -Camerer Photo Album
– Annex E: Partial translation pages 64-97 of 1503-1903 Camerer story
– Materials about Camerer family in envelopes, in manila folder
– The art of shoeing horses by J. C. Gross, 1850 (in German)
– Lectures, teaching of German and French
– Peter’s Seereiser, handwritten in a blue and white notebook
Care packages, World War II
– Documentation, orders
Location: FH Gross