Donate Materials to the Library
We are especially looking for...
- Books published in North America in the German language;
- American newspapers, community publications, business records, publications of clubs and social organization, pamphlets and ephemera in the German language.
- Works by German-American authors whether published in the United States or Germany;
- Books published abroad and written in German that focus on German-speaking immigrants, German emigration, or the Upper Midwest;
- Maps that relate to emigration from German speaking Europe and/and immigration to the United States.
- Works published in Germany by firms that also published in America (such as Carl Hirsch and Ensslin & Laiblin);
- Primary unpublished documents such as diaries, journals, letters, or other family papers produced by German-speaking immigrants and their descendants, which detail the experiences of such immigrants in America. Recognizing the importance of such documents to family members, the Institute accepts reproductions (such as photocopies and digital images), which can often prove as useful to researchers as the originals.
- Family histories produced by individuals interested in their German ancestry; these often reveal surprising information ranging from old recipes and traditions to the history of towns and communities.
Please contact our Librarian, Kevin Kurdylo, for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org