As part of our educational mission, the Max Kade Institute brings the issues of immigration/ emigration/ migration as well as cultural and language diversity to children in grades K-12. By making its resources available to teachers and students, the Institute hopes to connect immigrant experiences of the past with the present. Innovative and interdisciplinary curricula are being developed to encourage students to examine their role in a diverse society.
Lesson Plans and Curriculum Ideas
- Das Lutze Einhaus: A Story for Students of German (German, Levels I-II)
Foods and Food Traditions
- Kaffee- und Teegesellschaften (German, Levels I-IV)
- Advertisements in German-American Cookbooks (German, Levels I-II)
Advice Books / Ratgeber
- Health (German, Beginning/ Developing Level)
- Geography and Travel (German, Developing / Transitioning Level)
- The Good and Successful Citizen (German, Developing to Refining Levels)
How German is American?
Contact Antje Petty for details: email@example.com